THE BATTLE:
"You're gonna screw it!" mumbled my instinct for the umpteenth time, as I walked up to the aisle.
As a student of an engineering college,I was bound to attend a training session. I was learning about public speaking,group discussions and interview mannerisms( because even a tiny mistake can get you chucked out).
The trainee had called me forward to rhetorically speak on a random topic for a minute. 
"Your good name?"he asked with inquisitively raised eyebrows. I couldn't help but notice the wrinkles on his face.
"Sharon" said I trying to be calm.
"Sharon Stone?" he mocked with a sheepish grin.
I half-laughed."No sir. Sharon Arpitha"
"What would you like to speak about?" he queried.
After a brief thought I said I wanted to talk about psychology,though I wasn't sure if I'd talk something related to it or drift away to a recent movie that I had watched.
"Okay,sharon... 60 seconds... and your time starts now.." said the trainee handing over the mic to me.
I wasted  10 seconds wondering if I should check whether the mic was working properly. But then,I thought it would be stupid.
"Hi friends.My name is Sharon Arpitha. And am here to speak about...ummm... psychology..." began I, stuttering a little.
"See.. i told you.. you're gonna be an utter flop... a symbol of derision to your classmates.." said my instinct once again.I wanted my mind or my heart or whatever that was discouraging me to shut up.It's okay if it can't encourage me. I just wanted it to abstain from making me feel small and miserable.
I babbled on and on. I stammered a little in between but thanks to the information I'd once googled. It helped me finish.It wasn't that I was addressing an auditorium thronged with celebrities or giving the eulogy of a president or reading news that was on live-telecast.
I was only talking to a handful of people who I see everyday. My peers.My contemporaries. But it was amongst these people,I reckoned,I feared the most. I was scared if I  won't be eloquent in english. I  was scared if I'll do something imbecile. I was scared if I'll get a nervous breakdown and collapse right in the center of the spotlight.
I realized that everyday is a battle. And everyday you fight more with yourself than you do with others. You feel daunted to climb up the ladder because your instinct tells you that you would slip and fall into a pit of trash. And then people will gather all around you to guffaw at your defeat.Oh how pathetic it would be!
Remember,no matter what people talk about you,if you don't listen to that discouraging inner voice , you'll never ever listen to the balking-down-chants of others.
Once a father told his son that there were both a white Dog and a black Dog inside every human which are at constant war with each other. The son curiously asked which one would succeed at the end. The father replied "the one the human feeds."
There is an optimistic voice that is crying out to you. It tells you that you would be victorious in all your endeavours. But the pessimistic voice is too loud and dominating that you seldom hear it.
Try to be oblivious of the pessimistic voice. If it still tries to inhibit you,say it's okay to slip and fall into a pit of trash.It's okay if people flock around you to laugh at you.With all the crap sticking, you'll still climb up the ladder. You will never ever relinquish. And then when you reach the top, the same people who humiliated you will look at you in awe.You'll be so so proud of yourself.You would have created an everlasting mark in the history of human existence.
I noticed a simple quote in one of my notebooks which had a huge impact on me.
"To be a champion you need to believe in yourself when nobody else will"
Several verses in the bible clearly illustrates that man has the ability to make real, the things, that he envisions.This is in  sync with several researches that are made to prove that thoughts have power. For example: all of us know that we can't fly over to space and push a star down to the earth. But,if every single person in this earth, starting from a crawling infant to an elderly man ,looks at a star in unity,wanting it to fall down,it eventually will(it's just an example that I gave you.Don't take it literally)

So are your thoughts.Remember your thoughts influence your life. If you believe you'll be victorious,then you are bound to succeed.If you believe in the contrary,then that's what will happen in your life.
So think positive and believe in yourself. Remember,to be a champion you have to believe in yourself when nobody else will!!
 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts